When in 1812, the Pauliner Church was reconstructed and turned into a library hall, it was done so with far-reaching plans to set up portrait busts of scholars. In addition to selected plaster castings reminiscent of antique sculptures, the “Göttingen Pantheon” would be dedicated to the famous scholars of Göttingen. Thus, in 1814, busts of Haller, Mayer, Kästner and Heyne were erected on dark-coloured pedestals in between the bookshelves. There were even two busts of Dorothea Schlözer. Next to each portrait was a casting of a famous antique statues: Laocoön, the Borghese Gladiator, the Great Herculean as well as the Apollo Belvedere.